Sunday, January 18, 2009

My B'day Celebration '09

I’ve hit the wall of 27 this year
For 12 days since its past 12midnight now
Any celebration?
I no longer really celebrate my Birthday, sign of getting old I supposed
Normally juz dinner with family and some close friend as a good closure for the year

On the eve night (7th Jan), he thought I didn’t really know his plan
After the class, he brought me to somewhere for the little humble countdown
I kinda play dumb to go along his little plan, effort appreciated
First destination, my favourite dessert chain was closed
Head off to Bangsar Denise Wine instead

Sharp 12am, I received one phone call from one of my close musician guy friend
And not to miss out few smses as well
Also, Cyrus did something to my Facebook; tagged me over a picture


Narcissism side of me

*Dress – Denim Cami Dress from Funkshop55


Me cam whoring with my Margarita


Had my first candle blew and made my first wish sharp 12am

On the actual day 8th Jan
Head off to work earlier than my normal days as I’ve some stuff to rush
To my surprised, he was even much earlier than I do
He called me even before I reach office
Waited for him at my office lobby for about 10 mins
He came with my favourite Star Bucks’ Hot Choco and his own made Fruits Salad
I was astonished with all the effort and time that he put in

Step into my office on my PC and saw below:


Cyrus’ effort – the picture that he tag me on my Facebook sharp 12am and followed by sms


After about 2 hours later, received call from my direct line from our office reception
Was informed that I’ve a bouquet of flower
Went up and collect the 12 stalks of roses
It was ridiculously heavy!


11 stalks of white roses + 1 red rose which represent him, such a sweetie!


His beautiful roses with the other 3 bouquet of roses from the last year secret admirer


Later 5-ish I was about to head off for our office internal meeting
I was kinda being stopped from leaving by my superior
Was talking about work, he was in front of me then
Suddenly he walked to my right side and sat on his place
So I’ve to face turn my chair and face him while talking


Out of the blue, I saw my whole team people walking in from the glass door on the left
Holding a cake with a candle
And starting to sing the usual Happy Birthday Song

I was delighted and rather touched
Thus I had my second candle blew and made my second wish


The team people mingling around while enjoying the cake


Carol cutting the cake into pieces to the rest of the team


My piece of Chocolate Moist Cake from Secret Recipe


He brought me to somewhere for dinner
At first I thought what kinda dodge place he brought me to
As he parked at the alley, those dirty 'lorong-lorong'
Where you could easily spot some drug addicts busy injecting vitamins into their body


He then ushered me into this nice and cozy restaurant
Then only I realized, it was Café Café KL which serves Italian & French Cuisine
I was immediately enthralled by its lavish interior
We flip the menu and order 2 set dinner
And he proceeded to order my favourite Moet & Chandon Champagne


Let's go through the pix of the pretty dishes with my 5 star ratings point


My appetizer – Frog thighs’ with a small scope of rice

Rating out of 5 star: Full 5 stars!



His appetizer – Garlic baked escargots

Rating out of 5 star: 4 stars


Our Second appetizer – Pumpkins Soup (left) and Rocket Leaves Vinaigrette Salad (right)

Rating out of 5 star: 3.5 Stars for soup
Rating out of 5 star: 4 Stars for the salad


His main course – Grilled Salmon with some sauce (I can’t recall what sauce)

Rating out of 5 star: 3.5 Stars
(The sauce - so so only, wasn’t that great)


My main course – Grilled Cod Fish with mushroom white sauce

Rating out of 5 star: Full 5 Stars!
(The sauce is superb! I can't enough of it! I swear I'm gonna eat this again if I ever go there!)


Our Moet & Chandon


He already made prior booking and spoken to the manager
Hence they made some arrangement when the desserts serve
We order one Crème Brulee and a Moist Warm Choco
The serve us the Crème Brulee first

After about 5 min came the Moist Warm Choco with a candle and nicely decorated on a plate
And the manager progress into singing Birthday song together with him
The only turn off part was that the manager got mixed up
He thought it was his Birthday instead and the manager nicely sung out his name (wtf!)
I was staggered, he kept on apologize

Oh well, since it’s my Birthday…
I accepted his apologies tolerably without showing face

Stuffed up nicely with the marvelous food and champagne
He went over his car to get my pressie, yeah!!!
Now this is what I’ve been waiting for :p
He got me my Estee Lauder Pleasures Exotic Set
Love it as my perfume was about to finish and I intend to reload later


My red face after few glasses of Champagne

* Blood rush people! I can't help it!


Lovely decorated!


My Estee Lauder Pleasures Exotic Set



Herewith I attached the map for your reference if you interested to visit Café Café KL

xxxxx

Not done yet! I still have story together with delicious food pix!

On the 9th Jan, it’s my Family Day Dinner
Also my last day of having best meal
Before my wisdom tooth operation which I’ve blogged about earlier
We opt for Chinese Restaurant instead as I specially requested for Crabs!

Yeah I was craving for crabs like mad!

Let’s check out the fabulous food that we had together with my rating


Guinness Stout Crab

Rating out of 5 star: 4 Stars
(Too sweet, the sugar taste has taken over the Guinness Stout taste)


Kam Heong Crab

Rating out of 5 star: 4 Stars
(Slightly over fried, can taste the after effect of over fried)


Check out the gigantic crab’s chela

This is how much I had for that day, I sapu most of the chela :p


Now it's all GONE!


Overall the food was so so, we don’t plan to go back there anymore
The food is over charged, not to mention all the imperfect taste as a result of over fried or overly taste
But nevertheless the crab was really huge and fresh
Overall the dinner still great as it was filled with laughter and family bonding

Next in-line program, dessert time!
My elder bro’s gf bought me a cake from Baker’s Cottage
Chocolate Cake, looks so lip-smacking…Hmm, yum yum
Standard procedure, candle, sing song, make a wish and blow candle
Thus, my forth for this year! Not bad heh

Oh yeah, not to miss my elder bro gave me some $$$ to do shopping, Yippie!!


Happy Birthday To Me!


Making my forth wish for this year :p


Berposing a bit with the lovely cake before blew off the candle


6 Portions for the family - missing my Beloved Heroic Daddy (if only you still around)


My second pressie from my Childhoodie Designer Micky Tan

* Love every bits of this skirt, reserving it still waiting for CNY then Buka Puasa! :p


This is one of her design, click here to check out her design


I must say I feel so blessed and grateful for all the attention and love
From my family, him, my close friends and my colleagues at work
Such a terrific 3 days for me thou am getting older! (face the fact Racheal!)
I can’t ask for more for all the love poured on me

One thing missing thou, my heroic Beloved-Daddy…
Love you Daddy, I am fine here...and missing you still everyday
From you lovely one and only daughter, I promised I will be good



10 comments:

Josephine said...

Happy belated Birthday!
You had a few great celebrations ya?
Choc Mud cake from secret recipe! Very sweet ya...
You looked so happie in those photos...

May all your dream come true.

Congrats on getting that award. I noticed that u have already put it beside the bar... hehehehe

Samantha Vamphyri said...

Really a beautiful birthday you had la!Lucky girl!

breadpitt said...

wow look at those flowers,phewitt....hahaha! u are such a lucky gal...age dosent matter , its about u are attractive or not only . tsk tsk tsk ...take care !oh ya m waiting ang pao from u ,lmao!

fourfeetnine said...

happy belated bday rachie! don't worry la you still look very young can still pass off as college student:D

Racheal Tan said...

Josephine: Thanks dear. Yeah, celebration without any planning that came across along the way. It was nice and awesome :))

Sam: Thanks babe! Wish I could be always lucky! :p

Breadpitt: The flower amazingly survived for more than 10days. Ang pao? Nonsense! :p

Audrey: Thanks hun! You must be joking that I can still pass off as college student. Hahahahha...thanks for the effort to comfort me! :p

TOLANIC said...

omg..that siput look so ugly @_@

Cyrus said...

wahhhhhh!!!! i was named!!! proud la... evryone else was referred as 'he' and 'good friend' LOL... ok la, i think i'm over-reacting. but i'm bored. hahaaha..

how's the gigi? when wanna go makan?

Calvin Soo KJ said...

wei??? you can makan hard stuff already ar...lol. anyways, happi belated bornday. may your days be filled with lotsa gold teeth and tooth decay free....lmao

Racheal Tan said...

Tolanic: Ugly? Hmmm...but it was yummy thou :))

Cyrus: Hhahaha, done with over-reacting yet? The week after CNY break, I'm gonna claim my meal and GD from you! :p

Calvin: My Birthday was 8th Jan which is before the operation. Hmm, wonder if you read through all. But anyway, thanks for the wishes and no I don't want anymore gold teeth! It's ugly!!

Cyrus said...

i dunno why suddenly i don't feel so excited anymore :P